Africa’s real GDP growth slowed down to 2.2% in 2016 mainly due to the continued fall in commodity prices and weak global economic growth, leading to a fall in the value of local currencies. Our expert panels will address how the current economic environment is affecting deal structures, valuations, and capital raising.
Panel: How are we making successful investments in Africa? What are the lessons learnt?
- Mr. Tutu Agyare, Managing Partner, Nubuke Investments
- Dr. Pontus Engstrøm, CEO, MTI Investments
- Mr. Adam Ikdal, Managing Partner, Boston Consulting Group
- Mr. Yomi Ademola, Head West Africa, Rendeavour
Panel: Doing business with African currencies
- Mr. Stuart Ponder, Senior Vice-President EMEA Global Payments Division, INTL FCStone
- Ms. Gaimin Nonyane, Head, Economic Research, Ecobank
- Ms. Elizabeth Rossiello, CEO, Bitpesa (tbc)
Moderator: Mr. Lanre Akinola, Editor, African Business magazine