Session III – Technology
Investing in technology in Africa – How?
We have seen Tech companies dominate the last decade of business. Learn how these changes are happening on the African continent, where the largest companies still operate in other industries.
The technology session will comprise of two panel conversations which both address technology in Africa. First, four CEOs discuss how they run their innovative technology companies in Africa.
Second panel takes a closer look at how blockchain technology can provide new opportunities for both new and mature companies. Blockchain technology has made its debut with cryptographic currencies, distributed ledgers and has been been making an impact across multiple sectors. This panel will dispel the myths behind the blockchain and will give real-life examples of how you can use it in your business.
CEO Panel: Investing in technology in Africa – How?
- Mr. Michael Macharia, CEO, Seven Seas Technology
- Mr. Eric Osiakwan, Managing Partner, Chanzo Capital
- Mr. Herman Chinery-Hesse, Founder and CEO, SOFTtribe
- Mr. Thomas Bech Pettersen, CTO, Computas AS
Moderator: Mr. Alisdair Munro, Director of Knowledge and Technology, Virke
Conversation: New technologies changing the landscape? How will blockchain change how
we are doing business in Africa?
- Mr. Finn Erik Kolnes, Strategy, Financial Services, Accenture
- Ms. Juulia Laakso, Regional Market Access Manager, Ferratum Group
- Wilfried Pimenta, Business Development Director, IOTA Foundation
Moderator: Ms. Cathrine G. Jansen, Executive Programme Manager, Virke< All sessions