The East African demand for energy is projected to more than double between now and 2040. Global agreements and advancements in technology means renewables are expected to account for a significant portion of this increase. This session will highlight some of the opportunities presented by this transition.
Room: København 2, from 13:30 -15:15
Speakers in this session will include:
- State of renewable energy in East Africa, with Mr. Dan Dorner, Senior Energy Analyst, the International Energy Agency (IEA)
- Investing in energy in Uganda, with Hon. Peter T Lokeris, Minister of State for Mineral Development, Government of Uganda
- Company case studies: why Statoil, SN Power and Globeleq are looking into the region?
- The “dos and don’ts” when investing in the East African Energy sector, with Mr. Nicolai Skridshol, Partner Steenstrup Stordrange law firm
- The role of financing energy investments. Conversation with Mr. Ryan Anderson, Multiconsult, Ms.Ana Hajduka, Africa GreenCo, and Mr. Mark Davis, Norfund
- Moderator: Ms.Line Amlund Hagen, Director, Intpow