28 companies joined NABA’s business mission to Ghana last week which were organized in collaboration with NORWEP, Norfund, Royal Norwegian Embassy in Accra, NHO – the Confederation of Norwegian Enterprise and VIRKE – the Enterprise Federation of Norway.
Highlights includes the first ever Norway – Ghana Business & Investment Forum co-hosted with Norfund and the Royal Norwegian Embassy in Accra with more than 250 delegates.
I believe we will see many new Ghanaian – Norwegian business partnerships as a result of this week, says Eivind Fjeldstad, Managing Director of NABA.
Ghana’s Vice President Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia opened the Norway-Ghana Business & Investment Forum. He said private sector participation is crucial in achieving the Ghanaian President´s vision of building “Ghana Beyond Aid”.
The Norwegian Government was represented by Minister of International Development Mr. Nikolai Astrup. Norfund officially opened their first West Africa office in Accra – and CEO Mr. Kjell Roland and Investment Director & Head of Regional Office Ms. Naana Winful Fynn gave an update on how Norfund will create an impact.
After lunch the forum was divided into specific sector sessions on oil and gas, agribusiness – organized in collaboration with Virke and renewable energy.
Some of the members of the Norwegian business mission also had the chance to visit MEST – Meltwater Entrepreneur School of Technology where Meltwater Founder and CEO Mr. Jørn Lyseggen shared his story – and where four companies in the MEST incubator also gave investor pitches.
NABA’s team involved in this Ghana trip included Project Director Ms. Mathilde Emilie Thue, Adviser Ms. Solveig Tangen, member of the NABA advisory board Ms. Isobel Appiah-Endresen, Mr. Francis N. Jagri and Ms. Dede Koesah.
NABA are very grateful for the warm reception we received by our great friends in Ghana, and we would also like to thank our partners for the very good collaboration.
- Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK) and Africa Correspondent Christine Presttun were present in Ghana and you can see the news report here: NRK Dagsrevyen Thursday March 22nd.
- Ghanian Broadcasting Corporation (GBC) where also present at the Norway-Ghana Business and Investment Forum. Watch the news report below.
- Ghana Web: Ghana is the best destination for investment – Bawumia
- Business Ghana: Ghana is the best destination for investment – Veep
Overview of Norwegian companies in the business mission to Ghana:
Forthcoming events with NABA:
- Hamburg, April 24th-25th: German-African Energy Forum
- London, April 24th: Business Council for Africa – The Annual Debate
- Save the date: November 8th Nordic-African Business Summit 2018