Session II – Energy
Africa’s energy challenges – and the solutions?
Whether you work in renewables, oil and gas or with public management, this session will provide you with valuable insights on the latest trends within the energy sector on the African continent.
The first panel will guide you through investment barriers, and how these can be overcome.
The second panel will highlight new business models that can generate power. Can new business models help overcome some of the challenges faced in the sector? What type of business models can work, and how can your company be part of the solution?
The expert panel will guide you through the topic which is key if you want to succeed in the rapidly changing energy markets in African countries.
Panel: Africa’s energy challenges – and the solutions?
- H.E. Isaac Musumba, Minister of State for Lands, Housing and Urban Development
- Mr. Amadou Hott, Vice President, Power, Energy – African Development Bank
- Ms. Tas Anvaripour, Partner in the Clean Energy, The Abraaj Group
- Mr. Mark Davis, Head of Clean Energy, Norfund
- Mr. Al Cook, Senior Vice President, Statoil
Moderator: Ms. Mari Sofie Furu, Senior Advisor/Energy Economist, Multiconsult
Panel: The new business models that will generate power
- Mr. Raymond Carlsen, CEO, Scatec Solar
- Mr. Chad Larson, co-founder, Mkopa
- Mr. Georges Beukering, Head Investor Relations and Business Development, Climate Investor One
- Mr. Ivar Slengesol, Export Credit Norway
- Prince Randy Koussou A. Sogan, Chairman, Black Lion Holdings
Moderator: Ms. Hanna C. Wirschke, Head of Communication Operations, Technology & Partner-Operated Licenses (OTP), DPI – Statoil
< All sessions