13th German-African Energy Forum: “Realising and Financing Africa’s Energy Revolution”
The 13th German-African Energy Forum focuses on the financing of energy projects on the African continent on the 27th – 28th of March at Hotel Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall. NABA is a supporting partner of the event and will bring a Norwegian delegation to Hamburg.
In addition to new financing opportunities, e.g. within the context of the G20 Compact with Africa, innovative approaches for financing off-grid projects and financing partnerships, the conference will also focus on digitalisation in the energy sector, renewable energies such as hydropower and hybrid systems, and the thermal recycling of waste.
Program Highlights 2019 are among other:
- High level outlook: Can Africa fund its own energy revolution?
- Digitalization in the energy sector
- Partnering for energy finance
- Renewable energies / hydropower and hybrid systems: stabilizing energy supply
- G20 Compact with Africa: African-German cooperation in the energy sector
- Innovative off -grid financing models
- Waste-to-energy: What role will waste play in Africa’s future energy mix?
Confirmed government speakers include:
- Hon. Dr Bachir Ismaël Ouédraogo, Minister of Energy, Burkina Faso
- Hon. Senator Peter Bhembe, Minister of Natural Resources & Energy,Eswatini
- Hon. Dr Seleshi Bekele Awulachew, Minister of Water, Irrigation and Energy,Ethiopia
- Hon. Aggrey C. Masi, Minister of Natural Resources, Energy and Mining,Malawi
- Hon. Aziz Rebbah, Minister of Energy, Mines and Sustainable Development,Morocco
- Hon. Dr Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, Minister of State for Petroleum Resources,Nigeria
- Hon. Mustapha Baba Shehuri, Minister of State for Power, Housing and Works,Nigeria
- Dr. Boubacar Mbodj, Special Technical Adviser of the President ofSenegal
- Hon. Dr Morie Manyeh, Minister of Mines & Mineral Resources,Sierra Leone
- Hon. Abdirahid Mohamed Ahmed, Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources,Somalia
- Hon. Jeff Radebe, Minister of Energy,South Africa
- Hon. Ezekiel Lol Gatkouth, Minister of Petroleum,South Sudan
- Hon. Fafa Sanyang, Minister of Petroleum and Energy,The Gambia
See updated programme here: http://www.energyafrica.de/en/program/
NABA members can request their discount code by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
RegistrationRegistration is now closed.
Please email us to get your promotion code that allows you to register at the member discount rate.