With a Norway in lockdown due to the current situation, and new daily COVID-19-cases found in African countries, NABA is following the situation closely.
– This is a challenging time for our members and the society at large; we are thus grateful for the measures taken by the Norwegian government to support companies faced with strong head-winds as a result of this situation. We will also do our best to support, and send our warm thoughts to all affected by the coronavirus, says CEO of NABA, Mr. Eivind Fjeldstad.
As all our meetings and events planned for March and April are either cancelled or postponed, NABA is offering interactive member meetings with a focus on information sharing – where we can learn more about how coronavirus will affect African economies, and how we are best doing business going forward. Please find overview of scheduled meetings in the Member Courier that was distributed recently.
- NABA member International SOS has a useful COVID-19 resource page with videos, top tips for building mental health resilience, learning courses, and 24/7 updated information by clicking here
- NABA member IHS Markit: COVID-19: Sub-saharan Africa impact channel
- Current travel restrictions in African countries and elsewhere can be found via this link
- World Health Organisation Africa COVID-19 dashboard can be accessed here
African Union Daily News Update:
- You can access the African Union Daily News Update (Tuesday 7th of April) by clicking here.
Global Payments Daily Update:
- Please find NABA member INTL FCStone’s global payment update for affected markets (Tuesday 7th of April) by clicking here.
Other useful articles we have come across:
- McKinsey&Co: “Tacking covid-19 in Africa”
- Presentation by the UN Economic Commission on Africa (UN-ECA): Economic Impact of the COVID-19 on Africa
- Control Risks: Sub-Saharan Africa Covid-19 mitigation measures